Logan was found in the garden center of Lowe's Home Improvement. Everyone that saw him thought he had mange. His body was covered in raw, crusty skin. He had clearly been neglected for some time. His nails were so long some of them were curling into his pads and others were crisscrossing each other.
Logan hurt so bad he would try to bite when someone reached to touch him. Our volunteer that went to pick Logan up the day he was found had to throw a blanket over him in order to pick him up.
Once we got Logan to the vet it was determined that he did not have mange but allergies that had been neglected being treated for a very long time. He had itched his skin so most he had secondary infections. He was put on several medications to help his skin and he needed twice a week medicated baths. He was so painful, he had to go to the vet for these and be sedated.
As Logan's skin began to heal, we learned he is really a cuddle bug. He loves to lay beside you and watch TV (he snores). He also is a big fan of laying in the warm sunshine.